Saturday, February 12, 2011

Great Ideas in Capitalism Volume 1- Abandoning Dignity for the Bottom Line

During the Superbowl which was watched by everyone in the world 111 million people, I had the privilege to get offended by Groupon's expressing love toward making fun of Tibetan refugees, which they certainly claim they did not intend to do. How lucky I am to be able to live in a country in which I can enjoy seeing every sophomoric brilliant moneymaking idea come to fruition. 
Multimillionaire dumb ass Chief Executive Andrew Mason posted this: " It's the last thing we wanted."
This makes me wonder what they were thinking when they mocked the plight of the followers of HH Dalai Lama. Perhaps they could have focused on making fun of Martin Luther King getting locked up. Or Mother Teresa feeding the poor. Or Nelson Mandela being unable to get TV reception during the 27 years of imprisonment. 
I thought about getting one of these discounts for Valentine’s Day -- I love you honey, and my gift expresses how much minus 43%. As a result, count me in as one who may skip the opportunity for a 27% discount at my local Big Lots to get 7 screwdrivers for the price of 3. 
Once again, Multimillionaire dumb ass Chief Executive Andrew Mason posted this: " It's the last thing we wanted." I don't take him at his word.

No comments:

Post a Comment