Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Innocence of Muslims

I made a big mistake and re-posted this after reading it on Andrew Sullivan's Daily Beast:

A Jewish idiot makes a film, a Christian idiot promotes it, Muslim idiots kill over it, and Republican idiots condemn Obama.
Turns out, the first part is untrue, and I should have smelled it, but I didn't so I am guilty and ashamed. I wish I hadn't done it and I shouldn't have. 
There are indeed a lot of idiots on the planet beside me, and the issue about who should do what, when, and to whom is a political classic. To most, opinions are like ears; everybody has one, even Van Gogh.
Following the attack and the riots, everyone checked in. Initially, I thought this was the problem with social media. The need to respond quickly leads to carelessness. On the other hand, lots of folks can quickly ascertain who is ready for prime time and who isn't. I am obviously not ready to be the President of the United States of America, but it seems I'm not alone.
On Freedom of Speech, I fall on the side of those who consider it over-rated judging from this case. since free speech already has limits.
Where's Rodney King when we need him?

No comments:

Post a Comment